Maas Winged Aero White
An all around great shell
The Aero is a great all around shell. Stable enough for a dedicated novice to learn to row, the Aero has also enjoyed years of racing and touring success. At rowing clubs and schools across the United States it is commonly in heavy demand while other more expensive and less forgiving shells stay on the racks. A fully rigged weight of approxiately 40 lbs. makes transportation easy and at 21 feet long, car topping is no problem. Aesthetically, the design is very clean and uncluttered and is enhanced by the beautifully crafted aluminum winged rigger. The Aero offers the quick responsive feel of our higher performance boats yet is less demanding when the water is rough. In the words of Olympic Rowing medallist Dick Lyon, “They’re just plain fun to row.”
- Aluminum winged rigger: easily removed for transportation and storage
- Oarlocks: Adjustable for height, pitch and spread (152-164cm)
- Self bailer: Optional, very useful for choppy conditions — a must for open water racing — suction type, 4oz.
- Foot Stretchers: Carbon fiber/fiberglass, cored construction, neoprene and Velcro foot straps — easily adjustable over a 7.5″ range — adjustable heel cup height, quick release.
- Seat: New fall 2020! High performance carbon single action seat, very smooth.
- Skeg: Standard plastic — optional larger aluminum model aids in rough water tracking
- Hull and deck construction: Syntactic foam core fiberglass, carbon fiber reinforced, vinyl ester resin, 4-6 mil gel coat finish. Positive floatation is provided by four air bags.
With the introduction of the wing, additional features include:
- increased rigger clearance at the dock
- increased rigger clearance in rough water (a drier boat)
- a convenient mounting point for electronics
- additional deck reinforcement around the cockpit
- Length: 21'3"
- Beam on Deck: 25"
- Beam at Waterline: 19"
- Weight Fully Rigged: 43 lbs.
- Maximum Rower Weight: 240 lbs.